Resources and Systems Co-ordinator
To contribute to British Council by demonstrating the excellence of UK ELT standards and practices, with a particular focus on the management of teaching centre academic systems and processes.
|Fecha de cierre de inscripción||Miércoles, 9 de May de 2018|
Resumen del puesto
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Classroom Teaching / Substitution
- As detailed in the teachers’ job description/role profile.
- Prepare and deliver lessons and assess learners in accordance with the centre's agreed and stated approach and methodology. Demonstrate good practice in this area to teachers.
- Teach a maximum of 18 hours a week of regular timetabled classes during the academic year (this may include skills sessions or support classes) subject to operational needs.
- Form part of a substitution / standby rota and substitute classes as required.
- Assist with placement testing as required.
Resources and Systems Management
In collaboration with Senior Teachers, contribute to the efficient customer focused management (external and internal customer) of the centre:
- Manage the efficient storage of adult and Young Learner’s labs materials, both in soft and hard copies.
- Set up and manage a system to maintain the teachers´ room resources.
- Perform regular register spot checks and take action as appropriate.
- Contribute to student placement and counselling and assist in the co-ordination of placement testing.
- Contribute to the production and monitoring of internal assessment materials in conjunction with the academic management team and setting of progress targets, in conjunction with coordinators for YOUNG LEARNER and adult programmes.
- Manage and help with the rollout and use of TEACHING CENTRE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for teachers.
Professional Development/Line Management
- Deliver training sessions (INSETT) as part of the overall centre training plan.
- Provide day-to-day support to teachers on academic issues.
- Act as a role model for good classroom practice and be open to observation by teachers as a tool for teacher development.
- Assist with induction sessions to new teachers and provide mentoring to new hourly paid teachers, as required.
- Agree own personal development plan with line manager and review it at least four times a year.
- Acting shift supervisor/duty manager for teaching centre.
- Conduct developmental observations as required.
- Line management of up to 5 teachers.
You can find the post at the British Council jobs portal in the following link: https://goo.gl/qoKNP5
If you’d like to apply, please remember to check the BC Behaviours and Core Skills Dictionary before you do and ensure you comply with the requirements in the Role Profile. You will find these documents bellow.