Wearing of masks
- Masks must be worn at all times on the premises. Please make sure to come with a new / clean mask for each lesson. Some of our teachers may also be wearing a face shield according to their personal preference.
Limiting access to the premises
- Should you need to carry out a face-to-face transaction with the customer services team, you are required to book an appointment in advance.
Cleaning regime and additional health and safety provisions
- All classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each class.
- Toilets, washbasins, door handles, staircase handrails, and other surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
- We are employing additional cleaning staff to facilitate this stricter cleaning regime that will be carried out with the required frequency and standards.
- All air conditioning units have been deep-cleaned and serviced to ensure they provide proper ventilation at all times.
- Classroom windows and doors will be kept open between classes and during breaks to maximise natural ventilation.
- There are hand sanitisers throughout all our premises and notices on display advising regular use.
- We have directional arrows and distance markers in place to ensure social distancing.
Students with special needs
- If you or your child have any kind of special need which might make it difficult for you/them to meet any of these requirements, please let us know so we can make the necessary accommodations.
If you / your child are unwell
- If you / your child have Covid-19 like symptoms or are otherwise unwell you must not come to the British Council.
- If a direct family member with whom you live tests positive for Covid-19, you should remain at home. If you yourself / your child test positive for Covid-19 please inform us immediately so that we can take the necessary action.
- In the interests of everyone else’s well-being, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who is unwell. We will arrange for a child who shows symptoms of illness in the classroom to be immediately collected.
If we have a case of Covid-19
- In case a student or teacher tests positive for Covid-19, we will temporarily suspend the affected class for the required quarantine period, switching over to the online platform.
If we are forced to temporarily suspend face-to-face classes
- Should we be obliged to suspend face-to-face classes, we will immediately switch to online classes, with the the same duration, teacher, students and same schedule.