Registering for a course at the British Council is easy:
Step 1 - Book an online placement test
This will be an opportunity to know your level of English discuss the right course for you.
- Choose a suitable time and date for your online interview.
- The consultation costs 10 USD. This cost is not refundable.
- You can pay in VES by national bank transfer or in USD with an international Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card through our online portal. For security reasons, we do not accept cash payments.
Step 2 - Complete a short online level check
Once you have booked a placement test, you will receive a unique link to the online level check.
- The online level check is a short quiz with 30 multiple-choice questions.
- You will have 30 minutes to complete it.
- Please complete the level check before attending your online interview.
- Your online level check results will be valid for six months.
Step 3 - Attend your online interview
- After completing your online level check and closer to the date of the appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with the code to join the meeting via ZOOM.
- The interview will take between 10 and 20 minutes.
- During the interview, one of the expert advisors will review the results and will make you some questions to complete the English level assessment to define the best course for you.
Step 4 - Register for a course
After your interview, our expert advisors will discuss your online level check results and find you a suitable course.
- You can register and pay for your chosen course at our online portal (myPortal).
- You must be 18 years old to be able to pay and register for the courses.
Course dates and registration periods
View the table below to know when we are running courses. You can sign up to these courses (dependent on availability) during one of the matching registration periods.
|Course dates||Registration periods||Available courses|
|Summer Term (2nd August - 31st August)||24th May - 30th July||Summer courses|
|Term 3 (30th August - 23rd October)||15th June - 17th September||Adult courses|