The British Council’s purpose is to create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and to build trust between them worldwide.
What does that mean for us in Venezuela?
We continue to build trust and opportunities by:
- Supporting English curriculum reform and developing relationships with schools to strengthen the quality of English language teaching and English academic programmes through UK exams.
- Developing innovative English services to reach broader audiences across the country.
- Bringing together artists and creative people to share their experiences and raise the profile of local cultural organisations committed to social change.
We are proud that the British Council and the UK are trusted partners for progress in Venezuela, focusing on English and skills for artists and creative entrepreneurs.
This coming year we will…
- Create Venezuela’s first English language teaching diploma for primary teachers in partnership with the National Pedagogical University.
- Train 600 teachers and teach 4,000 learners of English face-to face.
- Reach 2,000 students through our online course, Learn English Pathways.
- Support the development of young creative entrepreneurs with a focus on fashion, built around a competition linked to opportunities to participate in London Fashion Week.
- Launch the British Council’s Selector radio programme to give new audiences the opportunity to connect to contemporary UK music and musicians.
- Deliver training in strategic communication for arts and youth organisations.
And much, much more … so I invite you to visit us regularly to see what we have going on and how you can be a part of it!
Soraya Colmenares - Director